Time is TBD|
Instructor Led Zoom Classes
Module 201 | Foundations of MBWE
This is the third module for our globally recognised Mindfulness Teacher Certification Course for India. It is accredited by International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA) and is led by International Faculty who have classical training in Indic philosophies.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Instructor Led Zoom Classes
About the Event
1. Module 201 - Foundations of MBWE (Mindfulness-based Wellbeing Enhancement)
Who is this Module for?
Anyone who wishes to understand MBWE, its applications and cultural value. This Module is also for mindfulness teachers who have completed other MBPs and want to learn and teach MBWE too.
- Module Content: Module 201 - Foundations of MBWE, would present how to teach Mindfulness through an evidence-based approach to all audiences, not limiting to populations with clinical needs. Trainees will learn a MBP called the Mindfulness-Based Wellbeing Enhancement (MBWE), which is a hybrid of Mindfulness Based-Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based-Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), integrated with the intentions of Positive Psychology.
The module will cover the following topics:
- The Mindfulness-Based Program Pedagogy
- The 8 Week MBWE Curriculum
- Resources for a 8 Week Programme: Participants & Teachers
- Generating Insights through the skills of Inquiry
- Mode of Delivery: Live Instruction via Zoom
- Total hours: 46
- Assessment: 1. Multiple Choice Questions: A minimum of 80 marks out of 100 is required to pass this module and 2. Feedback from peers and supervisors
- Online Class Dates: The dates for 2024 will be updated soon.
- Course Fee (in Indian Rupees): INR 96,900
- Certificate: On successful completion of the Module 201 you will receive the Certificate in MBWE Foundations from Centre for Mindfulness Singapore. It is important to note that this certificate on its own does not make you eligible or competent to teach any Mindfulness-Based Program.
This module is one of five modules that are required to complete the Mindfulness Teacher Training program. More details about how it leads to IMTA certification can be found in the course prospectus.
Terms: Please note that we may cancel this course if we do not have sufficient sign ups. In such a case, you will receive a full refund.
Pre-requisites for Admission into Module 201:
- Completed Modules 101 and 102 or an equivalent course elsewhere (with proof)
- Proficiency in English language
To sign-up for Module 201, please proceed to register your interest below through the RSVP button. The payment details for Module 201 will be sent to you once you register here.
Those who wish to become a Certified Mindfulness Teacher have to go through the Application Process for Mindfulness Teacher Training Certification program (MTT). The pre-requisites for applying for the complete program are as follows:
- A minimum of 2 years regular mindfulness meditation practice
- Attended an 8-Week Mindfulness Based Course like the MBWE, MBSR, MBCT etc which should include the Day of Mindfulness/Silent retreat. If you have not completed this yet, sign-up here for an upcoming batch of MBWE
- Attended a 5-day or longer mindfulness meditation retreat with a qualified instructor, before or during the completion of this Module, upcoming retreats can be found here
- Proficiency in the English language
Application Process for the MTT:
Option 1: If you meet all the pre-requisites above and if you are applying for the complete Mindfulness Teacher Training program, you will have to complete the application process. This includes a payment of a non-refundable application fee of INR 999 which can be paid here. Then submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application fee payment receipt
- Updated resume
- Certificate of Completion or a verification letter as an evidence of completion of an 8 week mindfulness live/onsite class, the retreat and any completed modules
- a 100 to 200 word personal statement about your intentions to join this teacher training programme
This is a one-time application and needs to be completed only once - whenever you decide to complete the whole of Mindfulness Teacher Training. It becomes essential only before enroling for Module 401.
Upon approval of your application, you will be sent the relevant information and payment details.
Option 2: If you do not meet all the pre-requisites yet:
- You may proceed to register for Module 201 below.
- You may apply for the admission to the Mindfulness Teacher Training program once you have met all the pre-requisites stated above.
- The payment details for Module 201 will be sent to you once you register here.