Time is TBD|
Instructor Led Zoom Classes
Module 101 | Foundations of Mindfulness
This is the first module for our globally recognised Mindfulness Teacher Certification Course for India. It is accredited by International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA) and is led by International Faculty who have classical training in Indic philosophies.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Instructor Led Zoom Classes
About the Event
1. Module 101 - Foundations of Mindfulness
Who is this Module for?
Anyone who wishes to gain insights into what Mindfulness is and how it works.
- Module Content:
Module 101, Foundations of Mindfulness, presents the foundations of mindfulness practices and its overview. This module is critical to the effectiveness of Mindfulness teachers as it empowers them with sufficient depth to explain the unique features of Mindfulness and how Mindfulness works.
The Module will cover the following broad topics:
- Definitions of Mindfulness
- History of Mindfulness & Meditation
- Difference between Secular & Religious Mindfulness
- Components & Mechanisms of Mindfulness
- Research Evidence for Mindfulness
- Measuring Mindfulness
- Mindfulness & Positive Psychology
- Critiques of Mindfulness
- Mode of Delivery: Live Instruction via Zoom
- Total hours: 35
- Assessment: 1. Multiple Choice Questions: A minimum of 80 marks out of 100 is required to pass this module and 2. An Essay
- Online Class Dates: Next cohort dates are coming out soon. Register interest below to stay updated.
- Course Fee (in Indian Rupees): INR 31,900
- Certificate: On successful completion of the Module 101 you will receive the Certificate in Foundations of Mindfulness from the Centre for Mindfulness Singapore. It is important to note that this certificate on its own does not make you eligible or competent to teach Mindfulness or any Mindfulness-Based Program.
This module is first of the five modules that are required to complete the Mindfulness Teacher Training program. More details about how it leads to IMTA certification can be found in the course prospectus.
Terms: Please note that we may cancel this course if we do not have sufficient sign ups. In such a case, you will receive a full refund.
Pre-requisites for Admission into Module 101:
- Proficiency in English language
To sign-up for Module 101, please proceed to register your interest below through the RSVP button. The payment details for Module 101 will be sent to you once you register here.
Those who wish to become a Certified Mindfulness Teacher after attending this Module have to go through the Application Process for Mindfulness Teacher Training Certification program (MTT). The pre-requisites for applying for the complete program are as follows:
- A minimum of 2 years regular mindfulness meditation practice
- Attended an 8-Week Mindfulness Based Course like the MBWE, MBSR, MBCT etc which should include the Day of Mindfulness/Silent retreat. If you have not completed this yet, sign-up here for an upcoming batch of MBWE
- Attended a 5-day or longer mindfulness meditation retreat with a qualified instructor, before or during the completion of this Module, upcoming retreats can be found here
- Proficiency in the English language
Application Process for the MTT:
Option 1: If you meet all the pre-requisites above and if you are applying for the complete Mindfulness Teacher Training program, you will have to complete the application process. This includes a payment of a non-refundable application fee of INR 999 which can be paid here. Then submit the following documents via email to email@example.com:
- Application fee payment receipt
- Updated resume
- Certificate of Completion or a verification letter as an evidence of completion of an 8 week mindfulness live/onsite class and the Retreat
- a 100 to 200 word personal statement about your intentions to join this teacher training programme
This is a one-time application and needs to be completed only once - whenever you decide to complete the whole of Mindfulness Teacher Training. It becomes essential only before enroling for Module 401.Upon approval of your application, you will be sent the Module 1 payment details.
Option 2: If you do not meet all the pre-requisites yet:
- You may proceed to register for Module 101.
- You may apply for the admission to the Mindfulness Teacher Training program once you have met all the pre-requisites stated above.
- The payment details for Module 101 will be sent to you once you register here.
If you have completed a simlar module elsewhere, please write to us for exemption at firstname.lastname@example.org with details and proof of your completed coursework.