Thu, Nov 23|
Instructor Led Zoom Classes
Module 401 | Practicum & Professional Development
This is the fifth and final module for our globally recognised Mindfulness Teacher Certification Course for India. It is accredited by International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA) and is led by International Faculty who have classical training in Indic philosophies.
Time & Location
Nov 23, 5:00 PM GMT+5:30
Instructor Led Zoom Classes
About the Event
1. Module 401 - Practicum & Professional Development
Who is this Module for?
Trainees who wish to obtain the Certified Mindfulness Teacher-Professional (CMT-P) credentials and the Certified MBWE Teacher certification.
- Module Content: For Module 401 - Practicum & Professional Development, trainees gather monthly to learn from each other as they facilitate Mindfulness Practices. Supervisors and peers will give progressive feedback to every trainee after each practice. Apart from these monthly sessions, trainees are expected to continue and sustain their daily practice. Trainees will also begin their practicum work after successfully completing all previous modules.
The practicum must consist of:
1. 8 Week Group Practicum and Supervision: an 8 week Mindfulness-Based Wellbeing Enhancement (MBWE) workshop for a group, &
2. 8 Week Individual Practicum and Supervision: an 8 week one-one-one Mindfulness-Based Wellbeing Enhancement (MBWE) coaching session
Upon completion of the practicum experience, the trainee is required to complete a 2000 to 3000 word paper outlining their teaching experience. A pass, fail or merit grade will be assigned for this paper by the Supervisor(s) based on the standard of the Final Paper.
- Mode of Delivery: Live Instruction via Zoom
- Total hours: 98
- Assessment: 1. Feedback from peers and supervisors 2. A final essay
- Online Class Dates: The dates for your calendar are as follows:
Saturdays, 06:00am to 10:30 am IST: 16th Dec 2023, 27th Jan 2024, 24th Feb 2024, 23rd March 2024, 27th April 2024, 25th May 2024
Thursdays, 05:00pm to 07:30pm IST: November 2023: 23, 30
- Course Fee (in Indian Rupees): INR 67,400
- Certificate: On successful completion of the Module 401 you will be awarded the Certified Mindfulness Teacher & Certified MBWE Teacher certficates from the Centre for Mindfulness Singapore. The Certified Mindfulness Teacher certification makes you eligible to obtain your CMT-P credentials from IMTA. More details can be found in the course prospectus.
Terms: Please note that we may cancel this course if we do not have sufficient sign-ups. In such a case, you will receive a full refund.
Pre-requisites for Admission into Module 401:
- Applied for MTT here.
- A minimum of 2 years regular mindfulness meditation practice
- Attended an 8-Week Mindfulness Based Course like the MBWE, MBSR, MBCT etc which should include the Day of Mindfulness/Silent retreat. If you have not completed this yet, sign-up here for an upcoming batch of MBWE
- Completed Module 101, 102 , 201 & 301 of the Mindfulness Teacer Training (MTT) or equivalent courses elsewhere (with proof)
- Attended a 5-day or longer mindfulness meditation retreat with a qualified instructor, before or during the completion of this Module, upcoming retreats can be found here
- Proficiency in the English language
If you meet all the pre-requisites above, register your interest below. You will then receive the payment details for Module 401 based on confirmation of the above pre-requisites. You will have to provide relevant documents if you have not already done so.