Thu, Aug 17|
Instructor Led Zoom Classes
Mindfulness Teacher Training Program (1-year Intensive) - India - 2023 Intake
This is a globally recognised Mindfulness Teacher Certification Course for India. It is accredited by International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA) and is led by International Faculty who have classical training in Indic philosophies.
Time & Location
Aug 17, 5:00 PM GMT+5:30
Instructor Led Zoom Classes
About the Event
About the Program:
The Mindfulness Teacher Training program is a 287-hours program. This is the 3rd intake for India and the 8th international intake of the Mindfulness Teacher Training Program. This certification program is accredited by International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA). Graduates of this course will be eligible to receive a personal credential as a Certified Mindfulness Teacher - Professional Level (CMT-P). This credential will serve graduates for employment purposes and is the standard in the field.
The program is being conducted Live on Zoom. More details about the programme can be found in the course prospectus. The program is now more flexible with two pathways for completion:
The Intensive pathway: Complete your certfiication in 1 year by completing all 5 modules, or
The Flexible pathway: Enrol for 1 module at a time to complete in 3 years
This page is for signing-up for the Intensive pathway. For the Flexible pathway, please register on individual module pages in the Certifications tab.
1. Program Details:
Phase 1: Coursework
Trainees would need to complete Modules 101, 102, 201 & 301 in this Phase.
Phase 2: Practicum & Supervision
Trainees would need to complete Module 401 in this Phase.
Both Phases 1 and 2 must completed within 12 months from the start of this course.
- To expand the availability of secular mindfulness training globally by training qualified individuals as mindfulness teachers and facilitators
- To provide participants with training and standards in teaching, designing and facilitating mindfulness programs
- To promote secular mindfulness as a means to enhance wellbeing and inspire purposeful living
- To teach mindfulness skills and practices for workshops with individuals, groups, communities, organisations and others
- To support participants in embodying mindfulness and facilitating their personal understanding and practice of secular mindfulness
- To create a global community of certified and qualified mindfulness teachers and facilitators
- Lead mindfulness classes for diverse populations, which you are familiar with or desire to work with, such as corporate/business settings or educational settings.
- Lead mindfulness coaching classes for individuals
- Lecture or deliver a talk for the public, a professional community or people in your field
- Demonstrate competence in teaching, designing and facilitating mindfulness-based courses and workshops
- Articulate the professional and ethical standards of adherence for a mindfulness teacher
- Articulate and demonstrate relevant teaching skills including clear instructions, creating positive group learning environment, creating safety, managing challenges and difficulties of self and participants and being flexible in curriculum delivery.
- Demonstrate good relational skills when teaching and with fellow teachers.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop customised curriculum by target audiences, organising and evaluating teaching materials for individual and group settings.
- Demonstrate competence in understanding the theoretical knowledge of Mindfulness, experiential learning, relevant qualities and attitudes of a teacher
- Demonstrate responsive and flexible pacing to cover an appropriate curriculum, as well as holding a group learning environment and managing challenges and difficulties
Why People Choose To Attend Our Mindfulness Teacher Training?
- Accredited programme by the International Mindfulness Teachers Association
- One of few training programmes across the globe that includes cultural adaptation for Global and Asian audiences
- Learn to teach research, evidence-based and secular Mindfulness to all audiences, and not limited to people with clinical needs such as Stress, Depression, Anxiety etc.
- An intensive and comprehensive 287 hour programme
- The programme is designed based on the mindfulness teacher competencies of the Universities of Bangor, Exeter and Oxford (MBI-TAC).
- Develop facilitation skills unique to Mindfulness for leading groups and individual coaching
- Learn to integrate mindfulness into other professional disciplines
- A minimum of 2 years regular mindfulness meditation practice
- Attended an 8 Week Mindfulness Based Course like the MBWE, MBSR, MBCT etc which should include the Day of Mindfulness/Silent retreat. If you have not completed this yet, sign-up here for an upcoming batch of MBWE.
- Attended a 5-day or longer mindfulness meditation retreat with a qualified instructor, during or before the completion of this Course. Upcoming retreats can be found here.
- Proficiency in the English language
Online Class Dates (Thursdays, 05:00pm to 07:30pm IST):
August 2023: 17, 24, 31
September 2023: 7, 14, 21, 28
October 2023: 5, 12, 19, 26
November 2023: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Online Class Dates (Saturdays, 06:30am to 02:30pm IST):
August 2023: 19
September 2023: 2, 16, 30
October 2023: 14, 28
November 2023: 11, 25
Online Class Dates (Saturdays, 06:00am to 10:30am IST):
December 2023: 16
January 2024: 27
February 2024: 24
March 2024: 23
April 2024: 27
May 2024: 25
4. Course Fee (in Indian Rupees):
Standard fee for the program is total INR 4,90,000 (USD 6500) plus taxes as applicable.
The special Promotional Fee for this program in India for 2023 is as follows :
Phase 1 - INR 2,69,600
Phase 2 - INR 67,400 payable one month before commencing Phase 2 after successful completion of Phase 1
*plus taxes as applicable
The fee for Phase 1 can be split into four instalments; instalment plan is available on request. The first instalment is payable upon application approval. Second instalment is payable 1 week before the session starts and the remaining instalments are payable monthly thereafter.
Please note that this pricing is for Indian residents only. For other countries, please check the global website here.
Do check with us for additional discounts for:
- Yoga teachers
- Meditation teachers
- Vipassana Practitioners
5. Application Process:
Submit the non-refundable application fee of INR 999 via this EVENT page and submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application fee payment receipt
- Updated resume
- Certificate of Completion or a verification letter as an evidence of completion of an 8 week mindfulness live/onsite class and the Retreat
- a 100 to 200 word personal statement about your intentions to join this teacher training programme
After the approval of your application, you will be sent the Phase 1 payment details.
Terms: Please note that we may cancel this course if we do not have sufficient sign ups. In such a case, you will receive a full refund.
Application Fee₹999.00+₹24.98 service feeSale ended